Sunday, March 7, 2010

Reading

I LOVE to read and this is what has my undivided attention at the moment...

I'm only on chapter seven of this book and all I want to do is read it. I've heard great reviews about it and now I can see why.

So, I've always heard about this book but never personally read it.
I bought it in paperback to keep in my purse when I have a free moment.
I find myself underlining things and sharing them with my girls.
A common question I get from them after one of my little pep talks is,
"Mom, are you getting this from that book you are reading?"
I have to admit that a lot of what I've shared with them lately has come from Dale Carnegie.

Last but not least, I'm thoroughly enjoying our Relief Society's reading/study program.
The 6 week program focuses on different topics and the reading assignments span the scriptures, conference talks and other amazing articles. I have no idea who put it together, but it has been inspiring. I have a copy if anyone is interested!



4 comments:

Heather said...

How To Win Friends And Influence People is my grandpa's, dad's, and both brother's very favorite book! They all swear by it!

Matisse said...

My parents always use the win friends and influence people tagline. I now know where it comes from.

Also, thank you so much for that sweet birthday post—it made my day!

Cassidy Brown said...

I have The Help sitting by my bed. Haven't started it yet, but it sounds like when I do I need to carve out a big chunk of time. Also, I would love a copy of your RS studies. Love you guys!

Alison

Heather said...

All books on my list as well. I would love a copy of your RS reading list. Sounds wonderful.